The GuideStar Nonprofit Compensation Report has been updated and published. It is helpful because it remains the only large-scale nonprofit compensation analysis based entirely on IRS data. Please note the report has a charge to it but some good summary data is in the infographic below.
This authoritative report gives nonprofits the information they need to establish appropriate compensation and demonstrate to grantmakers, oversight agencies, and individual donors that the salaries and benefits they offer are justified.The 2013 edition, the 13th in this annual series, features:
- 135,055 observations from 94,785 Forms 990 for fiscal year 2011
- Nonprofits from the entire 501c universe—most 501c organizations that filed an FY 2011 return with the IRS and had incomes of $1 million or greater
- 14 job categories
- Executive summary showing trends at a glance
- National, state, metropolitan statistical area, gender, and NTEE National Taxonomy of Exempt Entities analyses
- Incumbent compensation analysis