CIO’s are well positioned to lead a company digital transformation. They are logical place to look for leadership.
What does it take for the CIO to be considered?
- A passion for the business, customers and not infrastructure
- Ability to speak the language of business, customers and not technology
- Core understanding of how being digital can propel the business ahead and create amazing customer experiences
- Willingness to learn more about leading digital technologies and what is important to customers
- Great leadership and change management skills focused on the customer experience
- A vision for a digital transformation culture focused on the customer
A good CIO has the street credibility to lead a company’s digital transformation. Digital transformation is more than presenting ideas and painting a shiny picture of the future; digital transformation also means tying the back-end to the front-end. Good CIOs have experience leading the organization through transformation. They have the real world experience of delivering change over and over again.” Bask Iyer, CIO of Juniper Networks, spends a lot of time talking to CEOs.