It is time for us to change our approach to management. Mr. Drucker suggested that a long time ago. Some change has happened. Probably not enough.
Here are some ideas to consider:
- Command and Control to Engage and Empower
- Strategize and Plan to Learn and Adjust
- Amass and Review to Detect and Disseminate
- Measure and Track to Observe and Improve
- Goals and Objectives to Purpose and Values
- Problems and Solutions to Strengths and Appreciation
- Process and Projects to Culture and Behaviors
- Price and Features to Experience and Emotions
Most of what we call management consists of making it difficult for people to get their work done.