Digital technologies are changing everything. We all know this just from our personal experience. At work, we are on a journey as well. It may be slow. It may be fast.
We are changing though! It is happening.
It is accelerating and we can feel it. The pace has picked up and it seems unrelenting.
- We continue to hear a lot about transformation. That is all well and good. We certainly need to change and to change as fast as we can.
- This change involves a most aspects of our business. It helps if we approach it holistically and not as a series of one offs.
- Consider the huge number of processes, interactions, transactions, technological evolutions, changes, internal and external factors that this type of change affects in our company.
Importantly, there is the culture to consider. There is a level of collaboration that is necessary and required. Everyone needs to get on board. No one should be left sitting on the side lines.
- What about the edges of our company? These changes need to put in a context of digital business where there is a decentralizing shift of focus towards the edges of the enterprise ecosystem. Looking at the core is great. There is power, holistically, in extending to the edges.
- What about the lense of the customer? All is pointless unless the customer impact is always in focus.
- Of course, technological evolutions and new technologies, ranging from the cloud, Big Data, analytics, artificial intelligence and mobile/mobility (a key game changer) to the IoT and more recent emerging technological realities are understood.
Technology can be an accelerator of innovation and change. Yet, technology is only part of the equation as digital change is by definition holistic.