You are on the journey to becoming a master at becoming a digital business.
How do you go about creating and then executing the right strategy for your business?
Asking and answering the right questions is the starting point.
Every business is different how do you start with a digital business change strategy that works for your future, your goals, your potential disruptions, your workers, your market and your customers.
Complex challenges and complex questions can rarely be answered by easy answers and frameworks. However, in practice we see that easy answers are also lacking because easy questions are not asked to begin with.
It is a recurring theme we see in many areas of business and technology. In digital business change, in Internet of Things projects, in marketing, you name it: when technology is involved we seem to forget the basics.
Why do we want to change and whom else do we need?
- Why do we see a need to change?
- Who can validate this?
- Who do we need to involve in figuring it out?
- Who do we have on board and what capabilities do they have?
- Who can connect what?
What do we want to achieve?
- What is the long term goal / objective?
- What are the intermediate objectives?
- What do we need to do first?
- What knowledge do we need?
- What needs to be connected?
- What skills do we have and need to do so?
Who can help us with the what?
- Who can help with gathering insights?
- How do we bring various informers together?
- How is the customer involved?
- Who does what? Who takes the lead for what?
- Have we involved the right external parties?
- Who can help with the building blocks and barriers?
- What ecosystems can augment our goals?
- Who signs off on the strategy, means and KPI’s to the achieve the what?
Do you feel like you are trying to put together a giant jigsaw puzzle? You’ve laid out all the pieces you have but you don’t know if you have all the pieces you need. You don’t know what the finished picture even looks like.
Starting with the right questions in a facilitated process will get you there. It is a journey worth starting.